Crud, Worm, and other appealing updates


Ugh! Why is it so much easier to get the Crud at Gen Con than any other convention I've been to!

I'm finally mostly recovered. Poor David's been having a hard time with upper-respiratory symptoms and some bad nightmares.

At work, I've done some little witchy stuff cleansing and warding and such, with noted positive effects on myself, my own work, and staff morale. I'm thinking I want to get into that at home, too. David has his own monthly ritual, but I want to step it up. I feel like I could do more to protect my home and family. I also want to talk to him about seeing a therapist - maybe looking into some EMDR treatments, since it did so much for me.

In health news, I'm thrilled to report that my weight is firmly into the upper 140s! Less than 15 pounds to a healthy BMI! I've also noticed great improvements in my cardiovascular and muscular endurance, and flexibility.

After joking around with an old high-school friend, I've decided I want to add successfully doing The Worm. Much more fun than a mile time or doing a pull-up. It also means adding core and upper-body strength exercises - considering that the Worm is basically just the wackiest, wrongest push-up ever.

In vocational news, I've been kicking around a couple ideas for e-books, based on helping other folks overcome the obstacles I've had to overcome. No cats are being let out of any bags at this early stage, though! Stay tuned!

 I've also been very pleased and vindicated in my day job: After a decade of failure to launch, and no appreciation or paid development of my creative desires, the Creative director at work keeps asking me for ideas, actually using them, and giving me credit in meetings. I've also joined the blogging and social-media team, and team-building/social events committee.

Lots of positive developments in Granola Bat country! I hope things are well for you as well, darling readers. You deserve good things! Let's do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday light reads - what I'm reading today

Sometimes a breakthrough looks like a breakdown, part 3: The first wolf

Five things I've learned after 2 weeks of Project 333