Ah jeez, someone just wrote why I haven't been writing, better than I probably ever could.

"Depression steals joy, but it also steals time.
Depression steals time in my life that I would otherwise use creatively, to write, to read, to grow.
It’s nearly impossible for me to be sitting here getting these words out of my fingers onto the screen — I’ve nodded off at least twice, I keep deleting things and re-writing them, not knowing what to say because I feel like it’s the same old story, told for the billionth time by the millionth person.
Days go by and all feel the same because they are the same.
When nothing new is created, a day is wasted.
It’s something I’ve felt for years, and it’s something I feel even more acutely when I am not creating because I am stuck in a dark hole of depression, feeling like I’m without a good word to say.
Depression steals my words from me."

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday light reads - what I'm reading today

Sometimes a breakthrough looks like a breakdown, part 3: The first wolf

Five things I've learned after 2 weeks of Project 333