Daywalker Dressing: Bunhead

I seem to be making a habit of photographing my casual-Friday outfits. The increased leeway on a Friday is fun to play in - and it's different for me than for most of the office, since I rarely wear jeans, or even pants. Dresses are more comfortable to me.

How do you increase the comfort-level on a casual Friday when you're already not wearing pants? You get to incorporate some graphic T's, or even a sweatshirt, if it's elevated. Playing with soft textures is a treat. And you don't care quite so much about your bun being perfect - especially when a cute silk scarf will distract or cover up a bump or stray hair.

Depending on the workplace, some legwarmers may be welcome on a cold day. I've had a love-hate relationship with the things, but I just got the best pair, and I cannot stop wearing them. They're so soft, and they stretch enough to go over my thick thighs, but they stay in place. They've held up very well to me wearing them almost constantly at home over the last couple of months, and they really do keep your legs warm for the chilly walk from your car, when tights alone won't do the job. Even if you can't get by with wearing them in your workplace, they're worth it for the extra warmth on the commute. Then, just toss them in your purse.

I'm glad Friday was chill. It's necessary to ease back into the regular grind after a lot of travel, a series of parties, and way too much rich food. How have you adjusted back to the normal working schedule?

Legwarmers - Amazon.
Ballet flats - Earth Spirit. (similar)
Tights - Leg Avenue.
Velvet slipdress - thrifted. (similar)
Sequine sweatshirt - H&M. (similar)
Silk scarf - thrifted. (similar)
Bat earrings (similar)

I got the bat earrings from a local artist at Bones and Cones - I feel so bad that I don't remember her name! Her work is so good! Please, if you recognize her work, let me know so I can give proper credit.


a closer look at the textures playing nicely together.

I was self conscious, because I'm not wearing a stitch of makeup other than eyebrow
pencil. But any moment like this is an opportunity to push back against unrealistic
beauty standards, so screw it. Let's do this.

SHOP THE LOOK: 

       



Linkups:

Comments

  1. You are just beautiful, without a lick of make-up! You remind me of Karen Allen, the actress (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Starman - which I just rewatched recently).

    I use our office's casual Friday as an excuse to be a little wackier than normal, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I get that one all the time actually! And David gets told he looks like Lou Diamond Phillips.

      Wackier than normal -- Like, full on Elton John cosplay? now THAT would be fun.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, btw. I appreciate your support and I hope to adequately reciprocate.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday light reads - what I'm reading today

Sometimes a breakthrough looks like a breakdown, part 3: The first wolf

Five things I've learned after 2 weeks of Project 333